Skip to main content

Chic Star 2013 by Chic Magazine (A Smart Magazine for Career Girls)

Hey ya my blog, this is my special post because Since long time ago I’ve never  write something about me and this is about the Important Experience in My Life and I will share it.

This is about the precious moment in my life that Jesus gives me chance to become 1 of 10 finalists Chic Star 2013. Seriously for the first time I knew that I’ve been chosen as the finalist. I feel so Shocked, Surprised and Grateful.

I still remember the moment that I knew it for the first time, it was Wednesday, 13 November 2013. I was doing my assignment at my college and then My Mom called me that there was a call from Chic Magazine on my Blackberry phone which is at home. So that I told Mom to said that I’m at college now and if there’s something to talk about I beg Mom to handle it for me, and My Mom said: “it couldn’t be like that, They told me that You must handle it by yourself.” And then I said: “How can? I didn’t bring that phone.” My mom said: ”I just give them this number so that they can contact you.” And Then I said: ”Okay, Thank you Mom.”

During that day, I was so curious about it. And finally at 4 pm on 13 November 2013, I got calling from Chic Magazine. Oh My God I feel  so Grateful and Happy after they said that I was chosen as 1 of 10 finalists of Chic Star 2013, which is that’s one my resolutions in 2013. And then Chic Magazine told me that I must make a video to introduce my self and the deadline is 10 days after 13 November 2013.

Taking picture or photography is one of my hobby. But to making video is still hard for me because I have so many imaginations to make a video and I need partner to coordinate with me and make it real. So that I called my friends that has speciality in make video and taking picture. I told that about I’ve chosen as the finalist and I must make video.  But Unfortunately He was totally busy because He was doing his last project to finish his bachelor degree in film major.  It’s okay, I try to contact another friend that can help me, and then I contact my friend at college and He said okay I can help you. But unpredictable his friend’s Grand Ma was death and He must accompany his friend.

Finally, I made the video by my self. I took on my lovely EOS 600D and I try to setting it up to be ready to take the video. I beg My Mom to help me to hold the camera and I taught My Mom about the movement of the camera that I want.

Scene 1
I took it in front of my house, with  My Mom’s help.

 


Scene 2
I use Web Cam of my lovely Asus N46V to record me while I was playing the piano.

















Scene 3
I took it on my campus, while I’m teaching. My teaching partner help me to record it.













Scene 4
I search my recording file  While I was dancing at the college but I didn’t find it. So that I told my friend if she still has the file and luckily she still has it.
















After all of the part of videos to combine the video has collected complete. I made it with Windows Movie Maker. I record my Voice with my head set and then I adjust it with the video’s movement.
I finished it on 21st of November 2013 I tried to sent it by email but always failed and then I tried to upload it on youtube, and it was success. But I still want to try to send it by email and then I sent it on 22nd November 2013 using Campus Wifi. I feel so relieved. I’ve done with the video.
This is the link of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=346AtTeyTvU

Beside that there is another challenge from Chic Magazine to collect the vote as much as possible to become favorite winner of Chic Star 2013 so that I did promote on My Twitter, Path, Facebook and LINE. My friends also help me to promote on their path, twitter, Facebook , broadcast Messenger BBM and many more. I feel so lucky to have friends like them. They are so kind hearted.
This is the link and Capture of the link to vote Favorite Finalist. And the end of period, I got 340 votes. Thanks so much for everyone who have voted for me, I do really appreciate it. Thank you so much.



And then after that on 7th December 2013, all the finalists must be gathering on Chic Magazine office to fulfill the interview and photo shoot session. That day was the first time for us (the 10 finalists of Chic Star 2013) to meet each other.  All of us getting so much fun with the make-up session by Wardah and then the photo shoot and the last the most exciting moment is the Interview session. I feel really nervous with the interview session. But Thanks God I can do it. After all the finalists have been interviewed, we had lunch together. We eat fried rice from Pepper Lunch.

This is the picture of Fried Rice from Pepper Lunch





After we ate our lunch, Chic Magazine give us goodie bag, and the goodie bag is fill with the blouse, I got the blue one, the Chic Magazine, and the ball point of Chic Magazine.

During the sessions in Chic Magazine,  all of us I mean the 10 of us talking each other to know about each other more distant.  And I’ve just know by that moment that I’m the magnae or the youngest finalist. I’ve thought that I’m not the youngest but the reality I’m the youngest finalist. And I was surprised that another 9 finalist are really really multitalented and super smart. I feel so blessed and proud that I can become 1 of 10 finalists Chic Star 2013.




This is my photo with one of another finalist


And then the challenge from Chic Magazine is still going on. We must collected the vote for our essays and our videos.
This is the link and the capture of the link of our essays


The essay is about our dreams or our hopes in the next  5 years and my essay is like this:
Saya akan menjadi seorang young adult yang sukses di bidang entertainment dan entrepreneur. Saya bisa menginspirasi para generasi muda yang percaya pada mimpinya dan berusaha berjuang untuk meraihnya.
Okay well, that’s what comes to my mind when I’m thinking about me in the next 5 years.

This is the link and the capture of the link of our videos



The useful of collecting the vote for essay and video is to give adding point to each of us. The total score is the accumulation of judges score plus the vote.

For all the steps of ChicStar 2013, in every 2 weeks Chic Magazine published it on their Magazine. And every 2 week since 13 November 2013, I took my step to the book store and feel blessed  to buy the Chic Magazine which is there is me in the magazine. I don’t care how small or big my picture in the magazine but I feel really blessed. This is one of my dreams for whole of my life to be on magazine, and maybe someday I will become the cover of some magazines, hehehe. :D

And this is the photograph of some editions Chic Magazine that publish about Chic Star 2013.
I do this Photo Shoot of Magazine by my self in my home. 






And then this is the photograph of content on Chic Magazine about the 10 finalists of Chic Star 2013.

The first edition of Chic Star 2013 is The Magazine with Rihanna as the Cover. And the Content is 


And the 2nd edition is The Magazine with Avril Lavigne as the cover. And the content is still the same as the first edition

And then the 3rd edition is The Magazine with Jennifer Lawrance (with her new look) as the cover. And the content is about our essay


And then the 4th edition is The Magazine with Salena Gomez as the cover. And the content is about our Video



And then the 5th edition is The Magazine with Taylor Swift as the cover. And the content is about the coverage of our interview.



And of course all of us want to be the winner, but the judges will choose only one of us to be the Chic Star. I just pray to Jesus, that one which is the best from us will become the winner.
I will continue posting about Chic Star 2013 after the awarding night. So keep follow my posting. Thank you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sukses yaa say... ^^~
Gendis Freyona said…
Thank you itiiiinnnn *:
Unknown said…
Semangat trs n sukses ndis..

Popular posts from this blog

Statement of Life Position

After so long time without any posting in my lovely blogspot, Now, I'm back. What I've been through for the recent period? Many things I've been deal with and thanks God I can do all of those things in YOUR guidance.  Due to my hectic program in master degree of Wijawiyata Manajemen (WM) in PPM Graduate school of management, I have been through many assignments, like grand paper, business case analysis, presentation, outing activities and many more, because in Wijawiyata program, it is teach me not only about hard skill but also soft skill. Really feel so grateful to become part of WM, especially WM batch 73. I've learnt so many things that words can't explain.  Start in 29 March 2015, the first day of the opening ceremony WM 73 and then in the next days we start the program, begin with the matriculation. The subjects who taught in the matriculation period are accounting and statistics. Since I've got those subjects during the bachelor degree, I

About Wikan

Name: Ida Bagus Wikan. Gender: Not a boy, not a girl too. ( I don't know exactly what it is). Age: 16. Status: Like both (male and female). Hobby: Sleeping (it is a sleepaholic like a buffalo). Favorite color: Pink, navy blue, magenta, purple, black, burgundy. Okay, I write about him because he coerce me to write about him, if i don't write about him in my blog, he will punish me, bite me, and punch me. How cruel he is.hahahha... In my opinion, he is a good friend for me, and the others, but something he did crazy thing. But it isn't weird anymore because i'm crazier than him. He likes to play barbie dolls when she was a young girl. I think, i must put his photo in this blog, so the readers of my blog can know his/her face. OK, i'm sorry ya wikan, because i posted your photograph and make your reputation rather complicated.hehehe..peace... if you want me to change this post, just tell me. hahahhaha(devil laugh) :P *He is a normal boy*